Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Boracay Revisited


God's Glory
Originally uploaded by joey.carlotta
This is my first time to use this Blogger and Fickr so this is an attempt which I hope works well enough to continue. I started blogging some time back on mostly travels and restaurants and this grew to 3 blogs and several websites until I just got sick of keeping them updated and completely gave up on them. I have since taken to photography and mostly posted these in Facebook to share with friends. I found that Flickr has a nice way of grouping and tagging the photos and I also discovered that it can be linked to Blogger. Great!

Anyway, I start with my most recent trip to Boracay. Actually, it was a very long trip that involved a drive down to the Batangas port (2 hours), a Ro-Ro ride to Calapan on Mindoro Island (2 hours), a drive across Mindoro to a place called Roxas (2 hours), another Ro-Ro ride to Caticlan in Panay (4 hours), and a drive to Iloilo CIty (4 hours). This was the first leg of the trip and me an my staff (it was official buisness) spent 2 nights in Iloilo. Then it was another drive back to Caticlan from where we went to the fair island of Boracay. After another 2 nights, I commuted to Kalibo (1 hour) from where I took a flight back home to Manila. The rest of the staff drove back/rode back a few days later.

This was my 4th or 5th trip to the island but having only recently gotten a proper DSLR, it was my first time to shoot there. Mind you, I think that the place is going to the pits. But just like Baguio, it beckons and it is hard to resist everytime a opportunity comes. I first visited Boracay in the 80's and already everyone was complaining about overcrowding and overdevelopment and I have watched it deteriorate over the years. Anyway, this is only my opinion and others, specially first-timers, still feel the allure.

In any case, I was blessed with a gorgeous sunset on my second day there. Titled God's Glory, one must wonder how there can be atheists with such beauty. So I hope you will enjoy the rest of the pictures when I figure out how to post the rest of them. For now, I am about to click this button that says POST ENTRY. I am doing this from Flickr and not from Blogger so let's see what comes out.

No comments: